OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY TRAINING
The Safety Council partners with certified training specialists in the field of Occupational Safety and Health to provide quality training on the subjects that you are most concerned about within your company.
Some classes, specifically those that comply with or address an OSHA training standard, are provided on a regular basis by qualified instructors. These classes may cover the following topics:
- Confined Space Entry/Rescue
- OSHA Record keeping
- Lock Out/Tag Out
- Workers Comp
- Supervisor Training
- Conducting Safety Audits
- OSHA 10-hour General Industry Course
- OSHA 10-hour Construction Course
Understanding that not all companies need the same type or level of training, the Safety Council is willing to coordinate courses that fit your company's needs. To discuss available options, please contact the office at (816) 233-3330 or email Sheldon Lyon.
Occupational Safety Membership
Industrial manufacturing companies, construction companies and any other employer in northwest Missouri responsible for complying with standards set forth by the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act) of 1970 are encouraged to become members of the St. Joseph Safety and Health Council.
Members receive multiple benefits by joining the Safety Council, including the following:
- Substantial discounts on local OSHA training classes, workshops and seminary
- Free attendance at our Breakfast Speaker Series (limit two per membership)
- Free access to the Safety Council’s DVD library of safety training videos
- Subscription to Safety Smart, Top Safety and Family Safety publications
- National Safety Council materials purchased at a discount price
- Opportunities to network with other safety professionals
Any company or business concerned with the safety and health of their employees may become a member of the St. Joseph Safety and Health Council. To request an application please call Sheldon Lyon at 816-233-3330 or applications may be filled out online: Membership Application or or a hardcopy may be downloaded here.
2018 Membership Fees
Yearly membership dues are determined based on the number of employees of each individual company. Below is the fee structure for 2018 membership.
1-9 Employees $125
10-19 Employees $225
20-49 Employees $250
50-99 Employees $300
100-199 Employees $325
200-499 Employees $375
500+ Employees $425
Companies outside St. Joseph Metro Area $200
Non-profit United Way Agencies $175